NAMI Ohio Video Contest
Step up and Fight Stigma with Your Own Creative Message—and WIN $1000!
It’s time to make that data package on your cell phone pay off! Use your cell phone to create a video and win $1000!
During Mental Illness Awareness Week, NAMI Ohio announced a video contest “Put a Ribbon on It!” to encourage people from all
walks and places in life to submit a short video attacking stigma and/or providing education about mental illness. We hope individuals will submit a video with an imaginative and meaningful message that directly addresses the ever-present stigma of mental illness.
Videos can easily be made on most cell phone and would most likely be of high enough quality (The new cell phones probably have better video capability than video cameras of the the past!
Videos are to be submitted by November 30th, be 15 – 60 seconds in length and include a blue ribbon prominently and creatively woven into the video. First place prize is $1000, second place is $750 and third place is $500.
You must be creative! While we do not want to guide your thinking, it may be helpful to offer some thoughts on topic: people with
mental illness are all around us, but you don’t “see” them because they don’t “look” different; if we don’t talk about it, we can’t change it; options for those with mental illness could be better; parallels between mental illness and other illnesses.
VIDEO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. HOW TO ENTER:
- Create a video that is no less than 15 seconds and no longer than 60 seconds.
- Upload your video on to YouTube, Vimeo.com or other online video hosting website.
- E-mail the link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your complete name, mailing address, phone
number, and e-mail address. In the subject line, type in “Put a Ribbon on It Video Contest.”
- Limit one entry per person.
- Inappropriate material will not be considered.
- Be as creative as you can!
- Deadline for links to be e-mailed to NAMI Ohio is November 30, 2011.
2. PRIZES: First Place $1,000; Second Place $750; Third Place $500
- The NAMI Ohio Board of Directors will select the winners. In the event of a tie, the NAMI Ohio’s Executive Council will break the tie. The judges’ decisions are final and binding.
- Videos will be judged using the following criteria:
- Content/message (30 pts.)
- Originality (30 pts.)
- Level of entertainment (20 pts.)
- Video quality (20 pts.)
- Winners’ will be notified by phone and/or email by 12/15/11.
4. GENERAL RULES:
- No purchase or donation necessary.
- The video contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of NAMI Ohio and their immediate family members are not eligible.
- All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- The winners must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity within 10 days after receipt of same, certifying that entry is his/her own original video. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected. In the event that a minor is selected for a prize, the minor’s parent or legal guardian must sign the required paperwork on behalf of the minor.
- All entries must be original works that have never been previously posted, and must not infringe on any third party rights.
- By entering the contest, the entrant gives NAMI Ohio the right to use, and/or post the entry without further compensation. The winning entrants assign all copyrights to NAMI Ohio.
- By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to hold NAMI Ohio, their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize. Winner assumes all liability for any
injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use/redemption of any prize.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. NAMI Ohio is not responsible for any error in the posting of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prizes. NAMI Ohio is not responsible for lost, late, or electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay
in operations or transmission, of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive
entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof.
Phone: 614-224-2700 / 800-686-2646 Email: email@example.com